|PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS||6.6 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm|
|DISPLAY SIZE||3.8 x 6.3 cm; diag (7.6 cm)|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||240 x 400 pixels|
|DISPLAY TYPE||Transflective colour TFT|
|BATTERY TYPE||Rechargeable lithium-ion|
|BATTERY LIFE||Up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking; up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)|
|MIL-STD-810||yes (thermal, shock, water)|
|INTERFACE||high-speed micro USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
GPS handheld satellite communicator
The GPSMAP 66i is Garmin’s top-of-the-line handheld GPS unit with InReach satellite communications built-in. It’s a solid device built for outdoor use and navigation.
If you’re looking for the top of the line handheld GPS navigator, explicitly built for the outdoors and other harsh environments, the GPSMAP 66i is for you.
- The 66i is a professional level, rugged GPS built to withstand and outdoor environment. You can drop it, get it wet, sit on it, and it works.
- The unit is ergonomically well thought out and works well in your hand, in all conditions.
- The built-in InReach technology works the same as other InReach devices.
- The GPSMAP 66i is fast. It boots up quickly and gets a GPS fix very fast.
- The topo maps come preloaded. You can also load OSM and other maps onto the device easily. It even has a micro-SD card slot to supplement the 16GB of internal storage.
- The battery lasts and you can tweak some settings to get weeks of tracking out of it.
- The screen is big and bright, and easy to read in direct sunlight and rain.
- You can customize the unit so that you only see what is important to you.
- You can also download third-party apps and data fields from the Connect IQ store that allow you to customize the device even more.
Exchange text messages with loved ones or friends, post to social media or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field. Satellite subscription required.
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, a professional 24/7 global monitoring and response centre. Satellite subscription required.
LOCATION SHARINGTrack your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more. Satellite subscription required.
100% GLOBAL IRIDIUM® SATELLITE NETWORK
Instead of relying on mobile coverage, now your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network. Satellite subscription required.
MORE ADVENTURE. LESS WORRY.
Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP 66i button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator featuring Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping and inReach technology.
See it in any light.
Use it in any conditions.
When mobiles can’t connect,
Multi-GNSS satellite support puts superior navigation at your fingertips.
Get maps as pretty as a picture and just as detailed — without a subscription.
Stay out there longer with up to 35 hours of battery life in tracking mode and up to 200 hours in Expedition mode.
|TRACKING INTERVALS||10 minutes +||10 minutes +||2 minutes +|
|SEND/TRACK POINTS||R1.65 ea.||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|LOCATION PINGS||R1.65 ea.||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|BASIC WEATHER||1 Text Message ea.||1 Text Message ea.||Unlimited|
|PREMIUM WEATHER||R16.50 ea.||R16.50 ea.||R16.50 ea.|
|PREMIUM MARINE WEATHER||R16.50 ea.||R16.50 ea.||R16.50 ea.|
|ANNUAL PLANS||R199.99 /mo.||R409.99 /mo.||R819.99 /mo.|
|FREEDOM PLANS||R249.99 /mo.||R574.99 /mo.||R1,069.99 /mo.|